01 02 03 Craftmosh: AAA Cards Challenge - Masking 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

AAA Cards Challenge - Masking

34
Hi Everyone

We have a new challenge over at AAA Cards this week - Masking!  We have $20 up for grabs from Stampendous for the winner!

I struggle with masking - no matter what I do, something always seems to go wrong, whether it be ripped masks, seepage under the mask, the 'halo' effect when I use a mask that is too thick, you name it.  So I was super excited when after SEVEN attempts to make a card for this challenge, I finally got one I liked and that didn't mess up!  I guess the moral is, keep trying, you'll get there :D

For my card, I used Julie's Bristol by Ellen Hutson for the panel, which is awesome for ink blending. I then cut a mask from Inkadinkadoo Stamping Mask paper using the Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves die and adhered the negative of the mask (the bit with the hole) over the card panel. 





I used an ink blending sponge and three colours of Distress Ink in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry to blend in an ombre style up the mask, making sure no edges lifted.  Before removing the mask, I flicked water using a small paintbrush onto the leaves and after about 30 seconds blotted with a cloth, to leave a cool distressed look.  I then removed the mask.




As a final finishing touch, I heat embossed in Ranger Liquid Platinum a sentiment from Power Poppy (fabulous company go check them out) Good Thinking Renewal set. 



I do hope you'll join us this week for the challenge , and check out the other Design Team's fabulous inspiration.  This week we also have Rahmat joining us as a Guest Designer, who's card creations are always wonderful.  Please check out her blog. 

Don't lose heart if at first you don't succeed!!

Jenny

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38